Deadline: Apr 3
Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Role Of Service Manager
Provide strategy and direction on improved productivity and service excellence whilst adhering to best practice in safety, health, and quality standards. Adapting to technological change and meet Sandvik’s competitive priorities in the territory. Develop and lead implementation of new service and aftermarket support excellence initiatives, including strategic resource allocation; lean manufacturing principles; organization structure; leadership; sourcing and integration; and techniques for improved efficiencies and adherence to best operational practices. Monitor and review implementation of environmental, health and safety standards to ensure compliance, and risk-free operations. Establish operating budgets. Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of field service technicians and workshop technicians to ensure the service offering meets or exceeds customer expectations.
Key Performance Areas for Service Manager
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of technical and administrative support staff to ensure that engineering operations are completed on-time, within budget, and as per the set goals.
- Accountable for aftermarket sales and revenue forecasts in line with the installed base and new opportunities of equipment sales.
- Ensure implementation of projects for deliverables within the organizations scope.
- Ensure compliance with Site Service Agreements with the customer, monitor the KPIs set for the agreement and ensure that Sandvik develops and nurtures strong productivity partners.
- Manage and develop best practices in the Workshop for component repairs and machines rebuilds.
- Act as the Parts & Services point of contact for the major customer, coordinating all activities and leading actions to meet customer expectations and enhance customer satisfaction
- Proactively work with the Account Manager, Warehouse Manager and Site Contract Managers to schedule and ensure a spotless operational readiness for the Sandvik existing fleet and any additional fleet that may be deployed.
- Work closely with the Account Managers and Site Contract Managers and Warehouse team to provide supply contracts, recommend spare parts, rebuild proposals, etc. to our business network and identify opportunities for growth.
- Resolving complex technical problems and providing information and solutions to technicians and customers
- Providing product support, triage and escalating higher complexity issues to regional product masters and the factory.
- Providing guidance and technical support regarding all facets of equipment servicing with special emphasis on maintaining product integrity in the marketplace
- Oversee any pending issue related to parts and services with the customer and address it in a timely manner.
- Conduct assessments and audits to identify operational and procedural limitations that minimize work efficiency.
- Work with HR to oversee the hiring, orienting, and training of technical employees to attract and retain a competent workforce.
- Accountable for appropriate skills acquisition and competency development to maintain a high skilled workforce in the country.
- Follow the talent management process to develop a high-performance culture by being an influential leader.
Your Profile as Service Manager
- The role will require you to have a Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering / or Equivalent plus 3-5years work experience/ Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with minimum 10 years post trade experience in maintaining heavy vehicle machines. Exposure to, products and knowledge of, Sandvik underground mining equipment will be considered a distinct advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Supervisory role.
- Computer literacy, knowledge and experience will also be an added advantage.
- Certificate and or diploma in business management (advantageous)
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems.
How to apply
CLICK HERE or
Please apply online through Workday (ESS), or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers,
Applications close: 3rd April 2022