Location: Gantsi (Motheo Copper Project)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Role for an Automation Technician
The Automation Technician will be responsible for electrical instrumentation improvement projects on site, effectively planning, and calibration of machines as required to OEM specification through, good housekeeping, assigned tasks, customer (internal & external) satisfaction, effective communication, team work, SHEQ, policies, work schedules, procedure & specifications.
Key Performance Areas For Automation Technician
- Ensure maintenance of Sandvik fleet/machines electrical and control systems.
- Calibration and configuration of modules, measuring sensors or systems and control systems
- Responding to breakdowns on electrical instrumentation systems
- Responsible for electrical instrumentation improvement projects on site
- Ensure machine availability and reliability
- Maintain a “safety first culture” amongst all team members.
- Ensure that all Repair systems and procedures are followed.
- Ensuring that all maintenance work meets OEM Standards.
Your Profile as Automation Technician
- National Diploma in Instrumentation and control systems, Electrical & electronics or equivalent (must have served an apprenticeship as an instrument technician)
- A National Craft Certificate in the same field of studies described above coupled with relevant experience and skills can also be considered
- 2-4years experience in the mining industry
- Knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018
- Full physical & medical certificate to work in underground mining environment
- Knowledge of Can-Bus control systems and calibration or any communication bus networks
- Should be computer literate, any programming experience on any language is an added advantage.
- Must have knowledge of working with PLCs especially on mobile equipment
- Shall be able to coach and/or train Artisans or Technicians in training
- Must have a Class B driver’s license
How to apply
CLICK HERE or
Please apply online through Workday (ESS), or access the Sandvik website
Applications close: 3rd April 2022