Irish Aid Scholarship 2023/2024
The Ireland Fellows Programs enables early to mid-career professionals from eligible countries, with leadership potential, to benefit from a prestigious, world-class, quality education contributing to capacity building. It offers selected students the opportunity to undertake a fully funded one-year master’s level program at a higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland. The award covers program fees, flights, accommodation, and living costs. Eligible master’s level programs in Ireland commence in August or September each year and, depending on the program, will run for between 10 and 16 months. The Ireland Fellows Programme promotes gender equality, and equal opportunity, and welcomes diversity.
The program aims to nurture future leaders; to develop the in-country capacity to achieve national SDG goals, and to build positive relationships with Ireland.
Coverage For Irish Aid Scholarship 2023/2024
Stipends, Health insurance, Air ticket, School fees.
Eligible Courses for Irish Aid Scholarship 2023/2024 – Ireland-Africa Fellowship
Eligible courses are in areas such as agriculture, health, education, human rights, computer science, engineering, business, and more
Fully Funded Scholarship Requirements Ireland-Africa fellowship
- Be a resident national of one of the following countries: Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Have a minimum of two or three years’ substantial work experience that is directly relevant to your proposed program(s) of study, depending on the country (see Pages 6 and 7 for details).
- Hold a bachelor’s level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognized higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) – i.e. a first-class honor, or second class honor, Grade 1 (a second class honor Grade 2 may be accepted if the applicant has substantial directly relevant work experience). It must have been awarded in 2011 or later (i.e. within the last 12 years).
- Not already qualify for master’s level or higher. Not currently undertaking a program at the master’s level or higher, or be due to start a program at master’s level or higher in the academic year 2022/23.
- Be applying to commence a new program at the master’s level in Ireland no sooner than August 2023.
- Be able to demonstrate the following: leadership abilities and aspirations; a commitment to the achievement of the SDGs within your own country; and a commitment to contribute to building positive relationships with Ireland.
- Have identified and selected three programs relevant to your academic and professional background from the Directory of Eligible Programmes.
- Have a clear understanding of the academic and English language proficiencies required for all programs chosen.
- Must not have applied to the Ireland Fellows Program on more than one previous occasion.
- Be in a position to take up the Fellowship in the academic year 2023/2024.
- In addition, applications are by invitation only in the following countries: Burundi, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda, Zambia. This means that fellowships in these countries are restricted to the staff of government departments and NGOs which work in partnership with Irish Aid, and to personnel of organizations that are aligned with Irish Aid’s development strategy in their country which the Embassy of Ireland has already identified. Applications from outside these partnerships will not be eligible. To find out if you are eligible to apply, Please contact the relevant Embassy of Ireland or your employer.
- The Fellowship covers the recipient only. Financial support or visas for spouses or dependents are not included within the scope of the program.
What Qualities Will Make Me Win A Scholarship Irish Aid Scholarship 2023/2024
Scholarships are awarded using a merit-based, competitive process and by these objectives. Good grades on education will provide you with this Irish aid scholarship 2023/2024 – Ireland-Africa fellowship
How Do You Apply For A Scholarship – How Do I Apply For A Fully Funded Scholarship Irish Aid Scholarship
Prospective candidates can apply for a scholarship at the same time as applying for a Higher Degree Research program on the University’s online system.
To be considered for the Irish aid scholarship 2023/2024 | Ireland-Africa fellowship, prospective applicants must apply for the scholarship before the advertised deadline.
To apply for a scholarship, simply indicate that you would also like to be considered for an Irish aid scholarship 2023/2024 on your application for admission to a program and select your preferred scholarship application round. You will be considered for all the available scholarships.
How To Become Eligible For A Scholarship Irish Aid Scholarship 2023/2024 – Ireland-Africa Fellowship
Visit mostly the pages or websites of the respective country to know much about the criteria and what conditions and regulations are there for acquiring the scholarship.
To find out what Ireland is doing in Africa, visit irishaid.ie.
For information on the Department of Foreign Affairs, visit dfa.ie.
To learn about education in Ireland, visit educationinireland.com.
For information about IELTS, visit ielts.org.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION On Irish Aid Scholarship 2023/2024