Location: Gantsi (Motheo Copper Project)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Role as A Service Technician
To service and/or maintain SM equipment to ensure machine availability, Customer satisfaction, SHEQ effectiveness. This service is rendered to Sandvik Mining clients
Key Performance Areas as a Service Technician
- Maintenance of earthmoving equipment in mining/construction environment
- Identify service/maintenance to be done from work order
- Identify faults & follow checklist and Inspect & test machine
- Perform maintenance/service as identified and requested
- Update internal business system (i.e. MAXIMO)
- Report any deviations and/or damage to equipment
- Tag & deliver components to store/workshop and recommend spare parts
- Comply with Sandvik SHEQ management system and the Objectives and Targets set.
- Outlive the Sandvik EHS Policies, Vision, It’s Culture and ‘Commitment & Responsibility’
- Comply with SMC EHS KPI’s, standards and procedures.
- Issue and control of hazardous substances and report Hazardous conditions and acts.
- Participate in Incident / accident investigations.
- Participate in SHE forum meetings.
- Participate in and ensure effective housekeeping and maintenance practices.
- You will have a strong customer service focus and a drive to achieve goals.
Your Profile As a Service Technician
- The role will require you to have a Higher National Diploma or NCC qualification in Mechanical / Millwright / Electrical / Electronics / Mechatronic trades.
- Relevant mechanized mining equipment experience (5 years)- Underground/surface mining environment and post trade experience in maintaining heavy vehicle machines.
- Exposure to, products and knowledge of, Sandvik underground mining equipment will be considered a distinct advantage.
- Computer literacy, knowledge and experience will also be an added advantage.
How to apply for Service Technician
CLICK HERE or
Please apply online through Workday (ESS), or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers,
Applications close: 3rd April 2022