Location: Gantsi (Motheo Copper Project)
Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Role of Productivity Partner
Customer support fulltime onsite for customer productivity improvement, product performance monitoring and continuous improvement. Being a single point of entry on behalf of customer into Sandvik in order to meet help us meet and customer requirements to meet their business objectives through a focused support and communication process and implement a fully monitored continuous improvement plan on for example:
Key Performance Areas for Productivity partner
- Plan, prioritize, and schedule the onsite team’s activities so that resources are used effectively, and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Monitor the status of Service sales and activities to identify problem areas and adapt procedures to improve the overall performance of your team.
- Liaise with functional or operational area managers (for example in sales, marketing, finance, supply and logistics) to ensure that sales and services activities are integrated with other parts of the business and appropriate for current and future sales and marketing activities.
- Oversee the most complex, large or difficult contracts to maintain positive customer relations. Lead, direct, evaluate and develop contract management professionals’ team so that activities are completed accurately and on time.
- Equipment Inspections and advise customer on critical maintenance interventions
- Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Investigate equipment damage and submit technical reports
- Implement Component Repair & Return and Service Exchange for key customers
- Maintenance Planning standards
- Component Forecasting to prevent catastrophic failures through proactive maintenance intervention
- Parts forecasting aligned with equipment usage to achieve high equipment availability and reliability.
- Effective warranty process management to reduce costs
- Identify and request quotations for Ad Hoc services
Your Profile as a Productivity Partner
- Diploma/ Degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Have minimum experience of 10 years on mobile equipment, preferably in underground mining environment.
- Must have extensive knowledge on Sandvik underground equipment. Loaders, trucks, and drill rigs.
- Having been a Foreman, or a maintenance Planner in a similar environment for at least 5 yrs.
- Demonstrate good supervisory or leadership skills
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Proven competence in Microsoft applications – Computer literate.
- Business language requirement
- Should be familiar with Aurora or experienced on other ERP or CMMS systems like SAP etc.
- Experience in contract management or customer relations shall be an added advantage
- Ability to work under demanding environment and sometimes during odd hrs. or weekends.
- Must be willing learn and able to develop.
- Good comprehension of the Botswana Mines Quarries and Machinery Act
- Must have good knowledge and application of Safety Health and Environment management systems like ISO 450001:2015 and ISO 9001:2015.
How to apply
CLICK HERE Or
Please apply online through Workday (ESS) or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers, where you will get more detail on the role and key effectiveness areas.
Applications Close: for applications: 3rd April 2022.