The university was established by royal charter in 1836, as a degree-awarding examination board for students holding certificates from University College London and King’s College London and “other such other Institutions, corporate or unincorporated, as shall be established for the purpose of Education
Summary of Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarship At SOAS University of London-2023
Host country; United Kingdom-London
Study in Europe: U.K – London
Course starts; 2023/2024
Host University (ies). University of London
Why study at SOAS University of London
SOAS University of London (School of Oriental and African Studies) is a leading research and teaching institution that specializes in the study of Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. It is located in the heart of London and is a constituent college of the University of London.
There are several reasons why students may choose to study at SOAS University of London:
- Reputation for excellence: SOAS is a highly respected institution, known for its research and teaching in the fields of Asian, African, and Middle Eastern studies. It is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the UK for these subjects.
- Wide range of programs: SOAS offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in subjects such as anthropology, development studies, economics, history, law, linguistics, and politics.
- Global focus: SOAS has a strong focus on global issues and has a diverse student body and faculty representing over 130 countries. This creates a unique and international learning environment.
- Strong research focus: SOAS is a research-intensive institution, and many of its programs offer opportunities for students to participate in research projects or conduct their own research.
- Location in London: SOAS is located in the heart of London, one of the world’s most vibrant and diverse cities. This allows students to take advantage of all that London has to offer, including cultural and recreational activities, internships and job opportunities, and access to a range of resources and services.
- Strong support for international students: SOAS has a large international student population and offers a range of support services, including language classes, cultural workshops, and academic support.
- Alumni network: SOAS has a strong alumni network, with graduates working in a range of fields around the world. This can provide valuable networking and career opportunities for students.
There are a number of Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarship available. Each scholarship is valued at £6,000 in total towards tuition fees
Eligibility of the scholarships:
To be eligible to receive a Scholarship, applicants must:
- Must be domiciled in a developing country. Here’s a list of developing countries
- New scholarship applicants must have applied to SOAS but are not required to have received an offer of admissions by the scholarship deadline. An offer will need to have been received by the time the relevant panel meets to discuss scholarship applications.
Eligible programmes for the Scholarships
Any full-time Taught LLM programmes – see below:
- LLM (Master of Laws)
- LLM in Environmental Law and Sustainable Development
- LLM in Human Rights, Conflict and Justice
- LLM in International Commercial and Economic Law
- LLM in International Law
- LLM in Islamic Law
- LLM in Law and Gender
- LLM in Law, Development and Globalization
Required Documents for Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarship At SOAS University of London-2023
Students must submit the following documents:
- Updated resume/CV
- A scanned copy of passport and Scanned copies of academic transcripts.
- English language profiency
Application instructions for the Anthony Dicks Memorial Scholarship At SOAS University of London 2023
- Get the guidance on applying through clicking here
- Apply through online application
Deadline: May, 2, 2023